Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial day BBQ...

well we didn't have any one to celebrate with today so we had our own BBQ. We decided to head up to a lake we've heard about but haven't been to. I can't remember the name of the lake, anyways, as he headed up to the lake we kept hitting snow drifts on the road, and soon we could go any further. So we turned around and decided to have our BBQ at the lakes by our house. As we turned around it started to rain like crazy, but we decided to have a BBQ anyways. we got to the lake and opened the hatchback to the Subaru and laid out a blanket in the back and Jared got the grill going and the boys went and looked for worms and threw rocks. It was still sightly raining so Haleigh and I stayed in the back of the car and laughed at each other and had a good time. We ate out dinner in the back of the car and listened to the rain. We had our own little party. It was a blast. The kids loved it. Jackson said " Jackson have fun at the lake"
When we were driving to the lake Jackson said "Jackson tired, go sleep", and a few minutes later I looked back and this is what i saw.... Isn't he the cutest!! I can't beleive he is the same boy that never slept as a baby.... LOVE HIM
And Haleigh laughing at mommy... I LOVE THESE KIDS!!!!

Hope everyone had a safe holiday & Thanks to all the troops for all they do for us!!!!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Holy posts!! I love it! Crazy to think there are still places we can't go because of snow this time of year.

The Thurgoods said...

TAMI!!! Your kids are adorable! I am so glad that I get to see pictures of them... and you! I miss you. I hope all is well with your family. Love ya!!!